Friday, April 4, 2008

Anniversary of the Engagement!!!!!!!!!!


Two years ago on Monday was when Jared Zane my love proposed to me. It is fun to think back to all of the excitement. The feelings we had for each other hit us kind of unexpectedly, and when we realized we wanted to get married we were both shocked at our choice.




My brother was the first one that introduced us...but after that I only saw him the few times I would go over to the neighbors house (he always hung out there). I kinda watched him at a distance.. or should I say spied, but I was sure nothing would happen between us because he hung out with tons of girls and I did not doubt that one of them would get to him first.

This was before we knew of our destiny. I was banging on a driftwood drum.

Well...to make a longer story short we ended up in a tree together and we both realized that we were magically in love. About a month later was when he proposed!!!!!!
(I look really short!!!!!!!)

He did it in the Gazebo above the temple (because that was the only place that was dry) during the year of the floods. It had been cloudy and rainy for days, but amazingly right after her proposed the rain stopped and the sun came out. It felt like a fairy tale....and believe me, our life still does! I still can't believe that someone would want to be with me for eternity. Crazy huh?

9 comments:

Carolina said...

wow!! this is a sweet love story..congrats!!
hug

AubreAnn said...

you guys are stinkin cute!!! how are ya?

Rachael said...

Seriously! Who in the world has that kind of story?? It will be one your kids will grow up asking to be told over and over

Unknown said...

I like your fair tale. Love stories are my favorite. you two are so cute together.

Stephanie said...

i loved hearing about this.

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Aww so cute. I remember when you guys got engaged! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

just Nathan introduced you to him or was someone else there too? and weren't they sitting on top of a car?

Anna K. said...

Hey Rachel! I miss you! You are right! You did help get us introduced! I guess the time I was thinking of was at the students with guitars try out.... I remember once you were trying to convince me to invite Zane to have a picnic on the roof with us. haha but I was too scared

Anonymous said...

NO!FATE INTRODUCED YOU TO ZANE. Your hair looks so beautiful in the picture you think you look short in. I miss you. I want to visit. could i stay on your roof?