Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mound Lives On! Yay!


Those of you who have known me for a while may recognize a creature we call "mound". Mound is a comic that originated from the founders Nathan Bliss (brother), Anna Bliss (Now Kessie), and Valerie Porter (best friend). Mound officially came to be when my cousin Christian and my brother were way into skateboarding back in High School. They started their own skateboard wax by the name of Squigemon. My cousin is a very sarcastic person who likes to make fun of everything and everyone. In his world Squigemon was somehow making fun of Pokemon. The wax they made, also known as Vegetable Wax (because they put vegetables in is..eww), had many funny looking characters somewhat similar to the funny looking characters of Pokemon. One of these characters was MOUND. For some reason my brother, Valerie, and I took and obsession to this character. Nathan was the first one to make this character into a comic. Val and I caught on and soon after, mound was the only thing we ever doodled in our notebooks at school.


Val and I hung out with a large group of people who owned converse all stars. Somehow we started the trend to make the mound face on the tip of our shoe. Suddenly many people started to catch on to this. Not only people from our school, but people from church and other places we would go. One time one of our friends from school went to a concert and she noticed that the person next to her from another part of town had mound on his shoe. These two people did not know each other but soon realized the connection.

Mound brought people together!

Mound also became the logo for the Earth Club at my school.

The younger generations in my family shared Mound with their friends. There are still some creators in California, Utah, Illinois, and of course Hawaii.

However mound has not been seen as frequently in the last couple of years. It is time to BRING MOUND BACK!

Feel free to draw mound on anything you own. He looks great on anything that is "mound" shaped.

His main trait is eating. He will eat EVERYTHING. He will even eat the whole world if he is not careful. He also has a short temper (which is usually what leads him to eating). Don't make him mad!


This is just one of the typical comics (I'm not very good at paint).


He will eat YOU if you make him mad!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

i remember mound! i will draw him on amby's belly tomorrow. thanks! :)

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

Even though I came from the other side of Bako, somehow you made mound after me! A round thing that gets mad and eats everything....just like me! This is amazing.

shira said...

you should quit your job and write children books. do it anna! you are so creative.