Sunday, March 2, 2008

Comments That Keep Me Going


When I am out and about I look forward to:

1. Having a good conversation with someone
2. Overhearing particularly funny comments

I try to carry a notebook around to jot down any exciting information Here are some comments have kept me going:




Kissing my Girl
Adult: "Tomorrow's Valentines Day!"
Child (5 years): " And I'm gonna kiss my girl"
Adult: "Who's your girl?"
Child: "Jenny"
Adult: "Does she know she's your girlfriend?"
Child: " Ya, my mom told her at Walmart last night

My Eye is Alive!
Funny Girl right after recess:

"When I looked in the mirror I thought " It's a miracle, my eye is alive! I am still alive!
.....I thought I wouldn't survive!"

Hiccups
The day after a child had been home sick:

"I had the hiccups on the floor, on my carpet, in my toilet, on my "bed, and even in my room!"
( I think he meant to say he "threw up")


A Pool?
My brother and I were at the Banzai Skatepark as two elderly ladies on their morning walk were making their way up the a dirt hill towards the pool, very curious about the sight their eyes withheld. One asked in a confused voice.." Is that a pool?
A guy who had been skateboarding said, " Yea, it's a pool for skateboarding"
The lady paused for a moment to take in the information then asked, "but....did they mean to fill it up with water?"
The guy then explained that the pool was specifically built to skate in.
This was obviously foreign information to them because the look on their faces was classic. I guess it would be a hard concept to grasp, especially because the pool looks real. It has drains, and stairs.
The lady then exclaimed, "Well my grandson will have a hoot when he finds out this is here. I live right across the street and I did not even know this existed!"
They then made their way down the hill jabbering back and forth about the new discovery they had just made.

I think the funniest part was the looks on their faces. They looked at the pool like it was a spaceship.




5 comments:

j,d and little b said...

Haha that is classic! Kids are to freakin funny!

lindsey said...

Anna I love that you keep track of the funny things you hear! Kids crack me up. And Im so sorry about your cane spider run in the other day!! I feel for ya, truly I do!

Logan and Jennilee said...

Anna! I just saw that you left a comment like a bazzillion years ago and I am so glad that you did! How are you doing????? You are definatley going on my list of pals!

Stephanie said...

i love these! i am happy to see you back in the blogging world. i missed you dear friend!

shira said...

that is hilarious! so classic!