Saturday, April 19, 2008

HA

Truthfully I am very tired of my jobs and I probably will find a new place to work soon, but at least I can laugh at the silliness of kids in the meantime.

I work for an after school program and I teach a group of five 2nd and 3rd graders. The other day I walked across the room to get something...and in the short time I was gone I began to hear a raucous beginning to arise...Great, what's the matter this time.

I heard children arguing..
"It's mine"
"No I had it first"
"Let me see no its mine"
"It's his, its his!"
"Give it back to him"
"Give it to me"
"I want it!!"

In the meantime their hands were all jumbled upon one another's and I couldn't see what they were fighting over. The children who weren't jumbled in the mess were yelling their opinions on who they thought the object belonged to. Well I took the object away and asked who's it was and a kid said "I found it" I asked what it was and he did not know.


Well this is what the object looked like. haha. Why was this pointless piece of plastic even worth fighting over? And to think it got everyone riled up. I just laughed when I took the object.. case closed. I was the new owner. I took a picture and threw it away.

Perhaps it is a chimney for a train, or part of a spinny top. Do you know what it is?

5 comments:

. said...

It looks like the bottom of a pen or something like that. Funny what kids will go for if someone else wants it. I guess we are like that to some extent though.

AJ said...

That is a peg that goes to a foam peg board. Kids use that activity in all grade levels but especially preschool and SPED classrooms. There are all different colors of pegs and foam peg boards. They help with fine motor skills. I am dork that I know exactly what that is.

Meg said...

There are lots of those pegs in the classroom that I work in after school too. The kids snap them together and make swords, and towers and stuff. I am sorry that you are sick of your job, I KNOW how you feel! I hope you find a new cool one that you can tell me about.

Jennelle said...

Uuuh, I don't think I would last for a second at that job. Actually, I don't know how I have lasted so long in the Hale...Some of the girls here are actually just as immature as the kids you are talking about...no, seriously.

Stephanie said...

looks like a door knob for a playhouse or something...