Sunday, April 6, 2008

Talent Show-o-rific!

Since tonight was our ward talent show....we performed a little number with our so called band Mustafa and Friends.

(Photo courtesy of the Guzman family)

Once upon a time there was a cat named Mustafa that lived by our house. For some reason it would always come around when we were jamming. We decided the cat was our friend...hence the name Mustafa and Friends.

Although we don't perform as a group often, the name will forever stick. There is not a better name that I can think of! Ha!

We were so thankful for the participation from all the people in our ward. Our calling is the Activities Committee, so that type of thing is super important to us. Everyone was so willing to help and to share their talents. Even though some may not have wanted to go out of their comfort zone...they gave it a try for the better cause and it turned out great! It is amazing how many talents you can find within the area of a few buildings.

I truly feel that the talents of others motivate and help to strengthen me. I am so grateful for my family and friends who have shared bits and pieces of their talents with me. It is a good feeling to know that others are willing to share their gifts. I just hope that I can inspire others in the same ways that others have inspired me. Tonight I was reminded not only to work on my talents, but to stop hiding them under the bed!

Thank you friends and fam for your awesome talents that have motivated me to learn and push myself harder! You have all inspired me in many ways. Seriously! Yippeeeee!

5 comments:

shira said...

I sure wish I remembered that there was a talent show. I totally would have gone, not to perform myself, but to watch you guys!

shira said...

anna! craft night tonight...6:30. same place as last week! spread the word!

Cassie said...

Hey Anna! What's up with you guys you look like you're having a great time. We miss you! We just started our blog. Just wanted to say hi.

Cassie said...

haha that is so weird!

Jennelle said...

Anna! I found your blog on AJ's...so funny how that works. I just started a blog this month, I had no idea how popular blogging was! I am such a retard when it comes to this sort of stuff. I am always the last one. Anyway, the talent show was great! Brady and I had so much fun. We still think you guys should make a CD so we can listen to you guys even after we leave Hawaii. When we moved out of TVA we missed hearing you guys play all the time. We loved it, we never needed the radio. Live music right in our own home!