Saturday, July 5, 2008

When I was Away. . .

I was able to take a nice journey to Bakersfield CA. Fun! I love being with my family, they are my best friends. I had a great time... it would have been ever greater Zane was there!

The great Kern Valley


This is my sister Emily's inpirational cat: Ginny Weasely. She and her friend Melissa found this cat in an alley and its eye was super infected. No... really, the puss and gunk was protruding from its face. Well they wanted to help the cat, but when they took it to the vet it was going to cost $500 to remove the eye. These girls didn't give up and went to Venice beach to get donations. Well, they got over $100 in 2 hours. They were able to buy medicine that cleared the eye up a ton...and it probably won't have to be removed after all. Yay for the Good Samaritans!

My family and I went to the Bakersfield Street Fair.
I ran into an old friend who let my climb his rock wall for free. Rad! I love rock walls. My sister Sarah did it with me, she is next to me.
Truthfully, I didn't pay much attention to the street fair because I was too excited for ice cream from Rosemary's later. I just love the brownie fudge sundae! I could eat one every week.

Melanie and I .....yum


We also went to Hart Park to enjoy dutch oven brownies on a striped blanket and watch the funny peacocks.
Watch out girlfriend...he's after you..
I then visited my friends Lindsie and Doug who just got married and already have a huge house! Our TVA apartment is smaller than their room.

The jolly ol' crew went with me to visit my friend Becky in Irvine. She showed us the accessories she designed for Metal Mulisha. Such a cool job!
(This is an old pic.! I was so sad I forgot to take a picture!)

Then we went to Laguna Beach. Yay for sun and water!

(i've never really photo-shopped before...but I thought i'd give it a try. Zane helped me with the pics that acually look somewhat good)

Sarah and I jumping over waves. Why did I feel like I was jumping high?

Sunbathing MelSarah and Melanie
We tried to catch sand crabs. Can you spot one in Melanie's hands?Sand Crab Friends
Then we went and visited Emily at her job in downtown Pasadena. She works at a store called Beach Bliss. I wonder if the last name "Bliss" helped her to get the job. She looked pretty hip sitting behind the counter.
We then played in the air vent grate. haha We watched our hair and clothes fly up for like a half hour
Oh what a fun trip to see my dear family! No matter what anyone says, Bakersfield is super rad. I was sad to leave, but excited to join my husband back for more adventures in Hawaii. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

5 comments:

Laura said...

The Bliss Bombshells...Your mom looks like she could be your older sister. I didn't know you knew Doug Castro. I've known him since the 6th grade. Funny.

Stephanie said...

yeah- bakersfield is cool! i enjoyed your photo journey - you have such a lovely family.

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

Good ol' Bako. It is hard for some (myself sometimes) to look past Oildale and the 100+ degree weather to see the potential that Bakersfield has ... I used to ride my bike all year round (rain and heat) through the canyons to hart park. I was always afraid of the peacocks. There is some good nature there...and fudge brownie sundae's!

j,d and little b said...

Aww Anna your family is so cute! It looks like you had so much fun!

shira said...

seriously you and your family look like you would have your own t.v. show or something.