Monday, August 18, 2008

What do you do to keep yourself sane?



Each day I'm super grateful for life and living...but it is still hard to avoid those days that feel repetitive, unfair, and quite un-enjoyable. These are some things that have proved successful in keeping me sane:
(they aren't in any order of significance)

1. Remember to take it easy! Do some neck rolls or something. Don't feel so tense, life isn't THAT serious

2. Don't let people get to you....live your life how you want to live and don't worry about them. Try not to judge them because you probably don't know them well enough (and if you do just be glad you are yourself)

3. EXERCISE!

4. Wake up early. I have been waking up at 5:15 lately to do yoga. It's great because I feel like I am not waking up to go to work or an appointment, but I am waking up because the day started and I love the day! I guess waking up early gives me more purpose to my day. It's refreshing to see the sunrise too.

5.Serve others. I guess I haven't been too good at this one lately...but I know it helps in keeping me sane. When I help others, my problems magically seem quite insignificant.

6. Personal prayer and scripture study...always works, yet sometimes I still skip out!

7. Take time to reflect, think deep, think of what I can do better

I am writing this to remind myself that I can be doing a better job at keeping myself at 100%.

What do you do to keep yourself sane?

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

RUN! get down on the ground and play with ambrose, and laugh really hard with thomas talking about nothing at all really- that's waht works for me. i loe all your ways to relax and be happy- good positive reminder for me!

ashley said...

laughter keeps me sane... what would we do if we could not laugh? i love your outlook on life!
oh, and floating over waves, or anything ocean related!

sheila said...

those are such good things to do. I'm going to work at them with you. I also like to just sigh and moan really loud while I do so. It's like meditating out loud and just gets all the bad stuff out of me. I like to cook too, kind of like doing service. I always think about the person who I'm cooking for.

Unknown said...

You are sooo cool. Thanks for the reminder of things i need to work on too. I really like the idea of waking up early. I feel so good when i get up early but it is easy to stay up late and sleep in.

Breanne Garcia said...

Hey Anna! It's good to hear from you. We should get together. I love your list.. I need to try some so I'm not so crazy :)

Leslie said...

I love your things to do to make it a better day!

Did you read my blog about storing nuts for bad days??? Kind of the same. We sound like we are both happy people and maybe we are happy because we work at it????

How are you feeling? I'm excited for you!

Love you,

Teena said...

good ideas. i love yoga and want to wake up early, if i wake up at 9 im pretty proud of myself, 5:15 is impressive. your yawning boy is perfect.