Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Bus!


Today was our bus adventure. We are both tired of cars and driving...so we rode the bus to Haleiwa. It was fun to just sit next to each other and not have to worry about driving. It was also funny to listen to bits and pieces of conversation.
We walked around town and enjoyed the day!

We even walked by this bus house. I thought it was funny that the bus had a Beware of Dog sign. The dog even started to bark when I took the picture. Good thing they have a dog! There bus surely won't get stolen now!
We ate lunch then went to the beach for a million years. Perfect! When we were done all we had to do was walk to the bus stop and enjoy the weather until our ride came. Super!

This month I think I am going to buy a bus pass. There is actually a lot of time (and money) saved riding the bus. The bus is a perfect opportunity to talk to community members, read, sew, and just enjoy looking out the window in an air conditioned vehicle. I love the bus! I know it's annoying when you really have to be somewhere and it's late, but I don't think i'll have too much of a problem going to sunset and back. Plus, it is an adventure every day!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds so fun! Your adventures seem like a blast! I take all my little cousinson adventures and we walk around outside and pick up rocks, sticks, anything that seem unique and cool! Adventures are AWESOME!!! I'm glad you have so many!

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

I am a total bus person. I loved it when I lived in San Fran. I used to ride it when I worked in Haleiwa and even rode it several times when I worked in Waikiki (3 freaking hours). I wish there was a faster train to get us to Honolulu and then take street buses to get wherever we are going in town. That would be great.

ashley said...

so many god conversations to overhear on the bus huh? sounds like a fun day!

. said...

I agree public transportation is a great blessing. it is nice to sit back and let someone else do the driving while you read a book or look out the window, or at the people.

Jennelle said...

WHat can I say about the Hawaii bus system...there isn't another quite like it. Some of the funniest stories I have from Hawaii are from riding the bus. Looks like a fun day...I miss Sunset beach so much! Your picture captures it so perfectly.

Breanne Garcia said...

Ah the bus. I have a lot of good memories from it. I especially like the homeless people on it. There is always some kind of drama that happens. Next time you are in Haleiwa you need to stop by and visit, we live by the boat harbor now!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

one time i missed 'the bus' with nathan and we had to spend the night at the koneohe bus stop. i even dyed my hair in a grocery store bathroom! it was probably because we went to sneak into a sunday movie. I don't think we called anyone, because we didn't want anyone to know we saw a sunday movie!

Anna K. said...

HA! I remember that! I was wondering why you guys didn't call me.

Stephanie said...

dear auntie anna- please bring oliver (hehe- or you know- the boy) over on wednesday!

love- ambrose

we're havin a little hangout at our house this week- see my blog for details :)

Leslie said...

When we lived in Virginia we loved taking the metro into DC for alot of the same reasons you describe about your bus trip. I miss that alot.

Isn't it fun people watching and people listening????