Thursday, September 25, 2008

We Are Robots


Every day I think more and more about how my body is a machine. Our bodies do so much...and most of the functions they perform I hardly think about!

Ever since I have been pregnant I've imagined my body as a machine. I kind of think of it in the same light as The Magic School Bus. When I eat healthy foods like fruit, vegetables, protein, iron, or calcium.... I imagine them traveling to the special places they are needed. I imagine the chemicals that break them down, and I think of the energy being produced. We are amazing! When I exercise I imagine energy stores being used up, and the sweat glands jumping into action. I have always known my body has done these things, but suddenly it has more meaning to me and I am much more amazed. I think that sometimes I take my body for granted...I don't appreciate how hard it is working.

We need to be kind to ourselves by treating our bodies right ... wearing sunscreen, not picking at scabs, not putting crazy chemicals on ourselves, eating healthy... so that we aren't making our machine bodies do too much.

We Are Robots!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

i agree! you are so funny- but so right at the same time. lately i have actually been thinking about this a lot (not my body being a robot- but putting good things into my body so it can do what it needs to do and feel good).

Jennelle said...

I like this post... I never realized how amazing the human body was until I started getting into my upper level division biology classes. The things it's capable of is intense! The crazy thing is that the medical field still hasn't really figured it all out and they never will. SO much of it is such a huge mystery. I have realized (after going to way more doctors than I prefer to) that it is all a guessing game...they don't know.

And your right we should do all we can to take care of our bodies.. Sometimes I get so mad at others that treat there bodies like crap and here I am doing everything in my power to be as healthy as possible and I am struggling with an unknown medical condition that I may never get figured out...blah! am I just ranting now? sorry...

Kathleen said...

Anna banana!

We need to go surfing. Or, do you still try to run/jog?

sheila said...

I know how you feel. The human body is so AMAZING. I realized that while prego, then more when Kailani came out. She was so little and fragile but had everything needed for living and breathing. She seems more like a robot than me though... just eat, sleep, poop. But then those occasional smiles are what makes everything worth it.