Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Morning Rays

Since I have been bussin' it to work I decided I am going to start taking pics. of the morning life. I don't have photography skills yet, but maybe after many early morning excursions I will learn something!













Nothing can capture the way I feel for the morning. Every day I am super excited to wake up and look out the window to the morning. I love the smell the feel, and the fresh new feeling of a new day. I feel like everything has so much more meaning in the early hours of awakening. While many are asleep, nature has already begun its day. Some of the most beautiful sights are only witnessed by the morning watchers eye. So many times I wake up late and feel so guilty for not glimpsing at the sunrise or the early rays casting their perfect light.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

dont have photography skills my butt! (i really dont like that phrase but felt it appropriate for the moment)- those were LOVELY! i love the little birds. i also love the early morning so much that i am irritated with myself for like half the day if i wake up late. there is so much reverence and freshness about early morning.

. said...

I love Hawaii in the morning, everything is so fresh and cool and wonderful. Thanks for sharing those pictures Anna.

Rebecca Waldron said...

Beautiful! These make me wish I was a morning person

ashley said...

early mornings are the best. i wake up early not because i want to but because i have a little one jumping on me, but am always happy to be up cause it is so beautiful. and you totally have skills.

Jennelle said...

You said it better than I could.

I have never been a morning person just because I could never drag myself out of bed... sleep is such a drug to me. Probably because it's the only time I don't feel dizzy.... but when I worked for the department of Agriculture in Honolulu I had to wake up at 5am just so I could make it into work on time. I quickly fell in love with the morning hours. There is something so peaceful about it.

B.T.W. Your pictures are awesome! I think you captured the mornings beautifully and are a better photographer than you think.

modestmuse said...

That flower reminds me of early morning runs along Kam Highway in the mornings. Lots of those flowers carpeting the roadside. These pics also remind me of hitching morning rides with you into town!

echo said...

i am right there with you on the morning love. i love mornings. i am often grateful that my dad taught me to wake up early and to 'make it a great day'.

Unknown said...

Your picures are awesome. I think my favorite is the one with the flower on the ground. I love it! Keep taking pictures! You are awesome!!!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Wow... talk about understatment with the skills! Those rock! I am also glad that you are up to enjoy the morning...especially since it is a rare occasion that I get to see it!