Thursday, November 29, 2007

What Made You Smile?

When life gets too routine it is nice to reflect on the day and remember those moments that made life worth the effort.


  • Putting on warm clothes (Scarcely happens in Hawaii)
  • Listening to a child count to 10 very confidently "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (his voice speeding up rapidly) 14-16-19-18 (to the point I couldn't understand). He then sat down very pleased with himself. ha
  • The croak-croakety of my voice was funny at times, especially when I was trying to sound seriously stern at work
  • Listening to the tunes of Elliot Smith while driving home in the rain. Fitting!
  • Getting a big kiss from my love as I walked in the door
  • Running through a shaded path covered with fallen flowers in a tunnel of Banyan trees
  • Standing knee deep on the shore with my surfboard trying to say bye to a friend as a wave caught me off guard and hit my surfboard, sending me toppling into the sand (arms and legs flying about). I'm sure all she heard was "Ba...". As I paddled back out I kept laughing at how silly I must have looked. "Ba-boom"
  • The sea turtle that decided to pop up right next to me
  • Drinking tea made by my husband; very soothing to my throat
  • Waking up without a voice, and going to bed with some of it regained
Comment and let others know what made you smile today!

3 comments:

Joshua said...

ooooh...I'm telling, you drink tea!

. said...

Herbal tea I'm sure. Ha, ha I found you Anna!

Stephanie said...

reading this blog made me smile- i like your writing style friend.